We are currently recruiting for a Membership Executive, ideally with a background or understanding of the assessment industry. Please complete a CV and covering letter and send to email@example.com
The Assessors Guild is the Professional Membership Body for Assessors. We need an exceptional candidate to support new growth and to nurture our existing members. Are you that person?
Dedicated to raising standards in assessment, providing representation and support to the assessor community. Ideally we are looking for a qualified assessor to support our Head of The Assessors Guild.
The aim of this role is to support and retain existing members, maximising all opportunities to promote The Assessors Guild, including identifying new business opportunities.
You will take ownership of membership communications and other assessment enquiries to determine the types of responses required, including working closely with Customer Service, Events and the Sales and Marketing Team to ensure a seamless membership experience. You will account manage corporate members, supporting them as their key point of contact.
You will be responsible for:
- Establishing an overview of the membership lifecycle.
- Maintaining and executing member retention, renewal campaigns and new member recruitment and processing.
- Conducting initial and in-depth membership application checks.
- Assisting with the validation and sampling of our Members’ Professional Development
- Coordinating the job pages and partner/membership communications.
- Recording all activity with regard to Individual and Corporate memberships.
- Liaising with the events team in setting up conferences and regional networking events.
- Building relationships with existing corporate members.
- Undertaking visits to partners, including to existing and potential new corporate members.
Additional skills and experience required (essential)
- Knowledge of assessment and the assessment sector
- Ability to identify and follow up business development opportunities
- Some experience of supporting customers and account managing them
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence in building relationships with stakeholder partners
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholder partners
- Proven time management skills with ability to prioritise workload to tight deadlines
- Analytical and highly methodical approach to work, identifying areas for improvements and making appropriate recommendations
- A flexible team-player with a can-do attitude
- A professional and diplomatic approach to client interaction
The following skills are desirable but not essential
- Previous membership experience
- Successful background in sales and customer service
- Knowledge/experience of working in a commercial environment
- Previous experience of networking to increase business opportunities
- Experience of managing web presence and CRM systems
- Ability to present to small audiences on a bespoke and event level
This role is home-based or based at our Head Office in Edinburgh, however there will be a requirement for regular travel.
Reporting to: Head of The Assessors Guild
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum dependent on experience plus bonus. Excellent benefits package.
The Federation for Industry Sector Skills and Standards is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this position you must have the relevant experience and apply by email with a cover letter outlining why you are applying, including detailed instances of how you meet each of the role criteria along with an up to date CV to our HR Manager Ruth Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 8th February 1200 Midday
Telephone interviews will take place for shortlisted applicants on Friday 15th February 2019
Interviews for those successful at the first stage, will take place on Tuesday 28th February.