As the new academic year starts we take a look back on what we have achieved in a year as a membership organisation.
We launched all of our initial membership structures and tools including:
- The Professional Development Framework, developed for membership grades
- Our Jobs page, partnering with Protocol
- Our Members Portal
- The Register of Assessors (RoA) for all assessors and IQAs
We undertook a full Capacity and Capability study, and submitted this to the regulators. We also attended numerous round table forums with awarding organisations, Ofqual, Ofsted and the Institute for Apprenticeships to influence policy and decision making.
Events and training courses
We participated in, and ran, a number of events including:
- Women in Apprenticeships conference – 30th January 2019
- Annual Apprenticeship Conference 2019 – 27th and 28th March 2019
- SDN/Assessors Guild and Protocol joint event 29th April 2019
- CPD Workshop on End Point Assessment with Sam Taylor and Chris Cherry – 31st May 2019
- FAB/FISSS/Assessors Guild Joint Event 13th and 14th June 2019
Continued Professional Development
CPD is one of the central pillars of The Assessors Guild, as it is vital to the maintenance of practitioners’ currency, capability and lifelong learning.
So far this year, we have awarded in excess of 300 CPD certificates! We have run our own CPD workshop on End Point Assessment and have plans for further workshops.
We have approved 6 Assured CPD provider’s courses, including those by:
- Cambridge Assessment
- Strategic Development Network
- Best for Training
- Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors
The Assessors Guild work with a number of Partners in the industry to develop and provide benefits for members. Our current partners are:
- Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB)
- Strategic Development Network (SDN)
It’s been a great year so far and we look forward to the next one. You can find more information about membership here – we hope you can join us!